There are many software options for making an image/logo transparent. Here are instructions using Adobe Photoshop.
- Open the image file of the logo whose background you want to make transparent.
- Click the "Layer" link from the menu, and select "New" followed by "Layer." In the Layers palette in the bottom-right corner of your Photoshop window, drag the new layer below the layer of the logo.
- Click the logo layer and select the Magic Wand tool from your tools. The keyboard shortcut for the Magic Wand tool is (W).
- Click the areas of the image you want to make transparent. After your selection has been made, press the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Click "File" followed by "Save As" and save the file in either the .PNG, .GIF, or .TIFF format to preserve the transparency.