By default in WordPress, the author is listed as the person who added the post. Sometimes, the post was written by a different person, so you will need to change this. If you want to show a different user as the author, then you will need to make sure that the user exists in your WordPress site. If that person doesn't already have an account, then you need to set up one for them.
1. You need to edit the post where you want to change the author name. On the post edit screen, you need to click on the Screen Options menu at the top right corner of the screen.
This will show a flydown menu on the screen with a bunch of options. You need to check the box next to ‘Author’ option.
2. After that, scroll down on the post edit screen just below the post editor. You will see the Author box there.
Simply click on the drop down menu and select a different author.
3. Save Draft or Update to save your changes.
Quickly Change Author for Multiple Posts
Changing author by editing a post is easy. However, if you have to do this for multiple posts, then it would take quite a lot of time to do that. There is an easier way to quickly change the author for multiple posts at once.
1. To bulk update authors, click on the Posts menu from your WordPress admin bar. This will list all the posts on your WordPress site.
By default, WordPress shows 20 posts per page. If you want to display more posts, then you need to click on the Screen Options and change the number of posts you want to display.
2. Select the posts where you want to change the author. After selecting posts, select ‘Edit’ from ‘Bulk Actions’ dropdown menu and then click the ‘Apply Button’.
3. WordPress will now show you a Bulk Edit metabox. You need to select the new author by clicking on the dropdown menu next to Author option.
4. Click on the ‘Update’ button to store your changes.