After signing in, you'll notice a Settings section on the left of the dashboard.
Inside this section, there are six main menu items.
- Under General you can set up the site title, tagline, URL, time zone, time & date format, and language.
- Under Reading you’ll “tell” WordPress which page serves as the homepage, and which one is your blog. This is an important step. You’ll also choose how many blog posts can show up on a page or if you want your website indexed by Google.
- Under Discussion you’re going to do the blog comments setup.
- Inside Media you can establish the maximum dimensions in pixels to use when adding an image to the Media Library.
- Inside Permalinks you’ll set up the format of your URLs.